home / services / dental implants
What is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants are an excellent way to replace a missing tooth (or more specifically a missing tooth root). An implant is a small titanium post that anchors a crown or a denture (called an overdenture if implants are involved). The process involves placing the implant into the jaw bone (either upper or lower), waiting several months for the bone to grow to the implant, then taking a mold of the implant to make a crown (that connects to the implant) or a bar (that connects to a denture to support the denture).
It is important to replace missing teeth for many reasons:
- Teeth adjacent to the missing tooth will tip (rotate) into the missing space. Given enough time (many years) the teeth adjacent to the missing space could rotate completely sideways (falling into the space where the missing tooth is).
- The teeth opposing the missing tooth will grow toward the missing tooth space (a process called super eruption).
- The combination of rotation and super eruption could lead to a collapse of the bite.
- The collapse of the bite could lead to sagging of mouth and an older appearance as well as jaw joint problems (TMD, TMJ).
- Missing teeth decreases your ability to chew and can affect speaking.
- Missing teeth can negatively affect your smile.
What People Are Saying
Thank you so much for your wonderful and professional dental care. My last dentist retired and I was nervous about selecting my future dental care professionals. After selecting Tulip Dental, I feel compelled to send you a note to let you know how great my experience was. Keep up the great work!
I brought in both of my children (6 and 4), the staff was so friendly, patient, and accommodating!! They were in different rooms to which I floated back and forth to. Each time I went to check on them they were happy and doing what was asked. My kids talked about how much they loved their hygienists for days!!
The dental hygienist and dentist are both very friendly as well as very efficient. I get my teeth cleaned quickly but they do a thorough job and are not rushing to get me out the door and onto the next patient. They take the time to answer any questions as well as work to get me my desired appointment times.
Write a Review
Share your experience.
The highest compliment we could receive from our patients would be their reviews. Use the icons below to choose where you'd like to write your review. Rate your experience and write your review. It's easy to do, and you'll be helping other patients to make better informed decisions